Recently opened pet store

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
This afternoon I've paid a visit to a recently opened XL pet store. This belong to a chain pet store. Of course, I was more interested in the fish section. It looks clean and well assorted.

This afternoon I've paid a visit to a recently opened XL pet store. This belong to a chain pet store. Of course, I was more interested in the fish section. It looks clean and well assorted.
Are those Big Box chain stores like Petco & Petsmart here in the US?

wow, that is a huge store!

Are those Big Box chain stores like Petco & Petsmart here in the US?
A bit similar...
Nice looking store, looks like a good selection of fish items.
It's got more fish items than fish. But yes, they're well assorted...
wow, that is a huge store!
It's sure is. In our country we don't have that many XL pet stores. But in our neighbour country Germany does have way more Xl stores. So, if I want to pay a visit to an XL store, I'll just cross the border.
The only real XL pet store in Holland is Zo & Zoo in a two called Ede. And their fish section is way larger.

Looking good Stan. An unknown combination for me.

Always asking myself why a lot of these chainstores often only sell Cruel uhhhhh Juwel stuff and Tetra food.

I know, but there are several quality brands that provide better stuff than Tetra.
I assume the profit on Tetra is bigger.
What are the best flakes for cichlids? I just switched from the Tetra given to me by the previous owner to OmegaOne. I feed others foods too.

Looking good Stan. An unknown combination for me.

Always asking myself why a lot of these chainstores often only sell Cruel uhhhhh Juwel stuff and Tetra food.
I truly think that Tetra and Sera have a better acquisition policy, Most of the time, they're one of the first that send a sales representative to a new store. But I totally agree that there are more brands that will top the level of quality and are better priced. I do see quite frequently such sales representatives from those bigger names at several stores. A serious number of lfs owners in my area are friends of mine. And they don't mind me hanging around while they're talking to one of those agents. But also when I use to help an acquaintance of mine, who owned a store with tropical fish, reptiles and amphibians, I've met up quite often with those sales agents. I even taught the owner of the store how to deal with such sales representatives.

Well, I truly do believe that most community tanks at an average household will keep fish together from different locations in the wild.
Would my tank be considered a community tank? I have 2 species of catfish & several different cichlids

Would my tank be considered a community tank? I have 2 species of catfish & several different cichlids
The only definition of a community tank is when a tank is filled with fish of different species. That would make your tank also a community tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back