Real Skulls Safe For Fish Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

peglegg

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is safe to put real skulls such as animal skulls in an aquarium?
I am hoping to use a deer or sheep skull and tying java moss onto the horns...

any feedback would be great

thank you

Yep there is a guy on another forum that has full deer skulls with antlers in the tank, gotta boil em first or the blood leaches into the tank.

Didn't you say in another thread you only have a 14 litre tank? How much room do you think you'll have left after adding the skull in for decoration? Not much I don't think. What are you planning on keeping in there?

Didn't you say in another thread you only have a 14 litre tank? How much room do you think you'll have left after adding the skull in for decoration? Not much I don't think. What are you planning on keeping in there?

Might be a tree rat skull or a coon skull anything bigger and he will have a dilema on his hands.

yeah i didnt make it clear, i dont mean the whole skull i meant the antlers, you know the ones they sometimes mount onto a wall, and i mean the small deer antlers about 6 inches long :)

wait you got about 6" of antler or is that per tine?

how many points per antler?

im not sure what 'per tine' means...

but its a little antler with one main bit and one pointy bit coming off it... total length 6 inches :)

but its a little antler with one main bit and one pointy bit coming off it... total length 6 inches :)

A tine is what the point is. you have a main branch and 1 bump/point right? thats a 4 point buck, first rack he ever had.

A tine is what the point is. you have a main branch and 1 bump/point right? thats a 4 point buck, first rack he ever had.

oh really? well, you learn something new every day eh!

I wont take anything under 3 years old, by 3 they are established and have breed, and it has to be atleast a BIG 8 point or a good 10 point for me to shoot for trophy, I eat the meat but keep a bit of the hunt. I cant put any of my antlers in my tank, they wont fit.

Just thought I'd point out that you should keep an eye on your PH and KH if using real skulls, especially in a smaller tank, as they will slowly leach calcium into the water. :good:

That's... interesting.
REAL bones? I had never thought of that...

That is the most humiliating thing to have done to ones bones.
"Well, you're dead, but don't worry, your bones are currently adorning my aquarium, along with some moss."

That's... interesting.
REAL bones? I had never thought of that...

That is the most humiliating thing to have done to ones bones.
"Well, you're dead, but don't worry, your bones are currently adorning my aquarium, along with some moss."

What's so humiliating about it? Antlers in a tank or on the wall, same thing, just different ways of displaying them. Besides, since when do your bones define who you are?

I personally think it would be cool to end up in a tank (well cared for of course ;) ) talk about fish on the brains. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back