Ray's Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Im not the only blind one it seems Rayne :p No dramas mate, I enjoy seeing peoples tanks progress and stealing ideas for myself mainly :p

Here is a bigger FTS.

9.jpg

Now were talking!

Tank looks nice mate :) Plenty of space for corals to be placed! Platforms and all!

Going to be getting any more live rock?

What is that nice bright yellow fish by teh way? Bannana wrasse?

Now were talking!

Tank looks nice mate :) Plenty of space for corals to be placed! Platforms and all!

Going to be getting any more live rock?

What is that nice bright yellow fish by teh way? Bannana wrasse?
Yes a Banana wrasse. Although, I call it a canary wrasse lol. I ried to get a close pic of him, but he hides when I get close with camera. It's funny because I can get close to the tank without the camera and he won't hide lol. I have about 45lbs of live rock now. I have a internal and back filter and my water levels are good. I will get more eventually but It will be piece by piece. That way for now on I just get pieces that I think look really neat.

My wife got a decent pic of the Canary wrasse and some others.

Canary Wrasse
DSCN0149.jpg

Diamond Watchman Goby
DSCN0151.jpg

Star Polyps
DSCN0152.jpg

I told you that she should become a profession tank/fish/coral picture taker! I bet they make good money! You star polyps are looking pretty good.

I told you that she should become a profession tank/fish/coral picture taker! I bet they make good money! You star polyps are looking pretty good.
Yeah they are doing well. They took a bit to become accustomed to the tank, but now they seem happy.

Good job mate. The wrasse looks super cool, i may look into getting one for myself! I like the colour of it, super cool. Hehe.

Your wife takes some nice shots mate :D Keep it up!

I upgraded my light. I was running two T12 10,000k and a T8 actinic. I know that was a bad light system, but it was what I had available. I replaced it with a 48" Odyssea T5 HO fixture. It has 2 T5HO 10,000k and 2 actinics along with 4 built in moonlight leds. I read mixed reviews on the Odyssea brand, but I got it off e-bay for only 98 USdollars and seems to work fine right now.

Bet the new lights make everything look nice and the moonlights are good for drooling at night hey? :D

I leave my moon lights for an hour after lights out, and i spend that hour watching the tank not the telly :D

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Here are some updated pictures of the tank. It has come a far way.

FTS:
DSCN0224.jpg

Here is a great picture of my pipe coral that my wife took:
DSCN0225.jpg

This a protein skimmer I recently purchased and it seems to be doing it's job well:
DSCN0195.jpg

I got small piece of dragons breath macro algae back in like February and here is a before and after picture.
Before:
DB.jpg

After:
DSCN0226.jpg

This piece has grown so much. I have given a friend a decent chunk and sold some back to the LFS. I also have a whole other chunk in my tank that I fragged off the original.

Oh that looks really nice algae, wish I could put it in my tank, but think King Julian the tang would probably eat it!

Most reactions

Back