Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rate my tank

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by Ryan_F, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Deanasue

Deanasue Fish Crazy

Really? My Anubias takes off. I now have cuttings from the one plant in 3 different tanks and it’s going well in all. I have to keep trimming the mother plant. Maybe it depends on lighting and fert’s. I do like Amazon Sword but Ludwigia and Vallis fall apart on me. I guess it’s whatever works in your individual tank.

2. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

Put a small Anubias plant in a pot with potting mix and have that in a container of water. Let the water evaporate so the plant is growing out of water like a normal garden plant. Fertilise it and compare it to the ones in the aquarium. After 6 months there should be a huge difference between them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zikofski

Zikofski Chatroom Moderator
    Chatroom Moderator

It does depend on what kind of Anubias you get some look really nice in a tank with very large leaves, but they are VERY slow growers in a tank, i grew mine underwater but let the leaves grow above water was it worked very very well until it blocked the light for everything else in the tank >_<

4. Deanasue

Deanasue Fish Crazy

Thar’s What happened to me. Mine Was in there for well over a year but with Flourish and Excel it took off and covered everything. I had to trim it down. Beautiful though.