Rare goldfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

cuba408

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a gold fish that i bought around 1 1/2 monthes ago that i have never seen before. I saw him and i had to get him he was chasing the rest of the goldfish all around the tank. I've been to numerous fish stores and have not seen any goldfish like it. I even tried looking online and could not find this fish. i know hes a goldfish but im not sure what kind. He looks like a pheonix eggfish but completely gold (very nice shinny gold like 14k gold) I will post a pic of him tomorrow.

In the meantime can anyone tell me what are some rare goldfishes?

i suppose it might also depend on where youre from and what fish are available to make one kind rare. personally i have never seen a jikin or wakin so to me those are rare. the phoenix though is pretty rare anyway.

It has no dorsal fin and is the biggest character. I plan on having him a long time.

can you describe him
what are his eyes like-bulging or normal
what about his fins long or short
how big is he?

Lets see has a huge belly, no dorsal fin, double tail in the back, eyes are normal they dont bulg out, forehead also all gold, ummm swims funny cause hes a fatty.
hes about 1 1/2 or 2 inches. hes got the pair of small bottom fins, his back kind of goes down like his tail is tucked in a bit. Hes very happy fish always swimming with his buddy the red cap oranda.

dont remember but he was in with the rest of the small fancy goldfish. THey had a huge tank full of them and that was the only one. I havent seen anymore like it.

I would like to know of some rare goldfish also?

Thanks for the links. No its not ive looked into the lionheads. its more of a egg-fish but again not sure ill post a pic tomorrow

well perhaps it is the eggfish it might come in gold lol
awell looking forward to pics

It looks like that albino pheonix eggfish on that site but the tail is very very short and it doesnt have that stuff on its head like a lionhead.

Most reactions

Back