Rapid Gill Movement

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thought I would let you know incase anyone else had encountered this before, I contiuned using Interpet No 7 for the flukes (was still waiting for the delivery of Sterazin)and noticed my Pearl Danios started going up and down the side of the tank continously all the time, then my Zebra Danios started to join in, I thought originally they were playing in the flow of the air bubbles as had it on faster for oxygen in the tank,but started to feel things were'nt right, and as you all explained to me if have flukes, tend to rub and flick so i thought maybe they had it too.

When none of them fed, and they then started going crazy up and down the glass, alarm bells started ringing and they all just looked totally stressed out. I could see my Platy was not well and took her out the tank and put in another small tank (Im afraid sadly my Platy died,few days after all your help. Had dropsy in the end). I did a 75% water change/put a new carbon in and all the danios started to calm down, by the next morning they were all swimming around as normal, eating again etc. No signs of any illness.

So it could be that the Danios can not tolerate this particular medication. My Platys and White Cloud Minnows were fine.

On the leaflet says you have to be careful on the dosage if have soft water but where I live we have hard water and I put in the correct dosage, so it was'nt that.

Anyway thought I would drop you a line to let you know

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back