Raphael Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jamie87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a raphael catfish, haven't had him for too long, about a week or so...

What I was wondering is that it's belly is very rounded...looks some what bloated. I've seen this in other ones in petstores and such...I was just wondering if this is normal or not.

Well I feed my fish fishflakes everyday .. twice a day. and maybe about 3 times a week i'll give them blood worms.

If it is with other fish that aren't nocturnal. U can assume that they are eatting most of the food before the raphael gets it. Well thats what i assume happens with mine. They are known as little pigs cause they eat alot. Ive also read that if you havnt seen them for a while means they are eating well so yours coming out more may mean its still finding food. But I dont mean for you to feed them extra either hehe. What are its tank mates?

He'll usually come out from his hiding place when I feed.
Rams, rasboras, orange von rio flames, danios, ottos, and some corries. And a newly added clown pleco.

If all you feed is flake then you should really try to vary his deit. As a catfish you could and probably should introduce meat into his diet. You could try him on prawns, bloodworm, chopped garden worms etc....mine would take all of these with vigour :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back