Rainbow Snakehead

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have told the fish shop to phone me when they get more in, should be next week they said. My crayfish has taken a couple of nips out of the snakeheads fins in the night, im a bit concerned about this, he seems ok though, he seems to sort of stumble into the crayfishes path now and again, i had a lone neon in the tank, snakehead must of ate it last night because its missing and the snakeheads got a fatter belly this morning.

Are snakeheads Legal in the UK? they are Illegal here in the US :(

Yes they are legal here, he is sat on the bottom of the tank after a feed, full belly and the colours are coming out more now, hopefully have another one next week.

I'll put pics up this week when I Finnish my shifts, I came home from work tonight and I couldn't see him anywhere in the tank! Finally found him at the top of the built in filter housing, must have got through a tiny gap on the lid, I was quite panicked but I took the pump out and he got out of the outlet for the filter, he didn't seem bothered by it at all, eating pellets 5 minutes later. I've sealed all the gaps up now so hopefully no more escapes.

Still waiting to get some more channa, my local store, maidenhead aquatics in chirk still havent got any more in and cant find any more anywhere, do you know of any suppliers, i want to get some more before its too late, but he is an awesome fish, eating from my fingers already. I am having trouble uploading pics, any advice
Jamie

Hi, going to pick up 2 more channa bleheri tomorrow,put crayfish in another tank, it was actualy getting the better of my of the snakehead, anyway he is doing fine and at least he will have some company tomorrow, cant wait.

Most reactions

Back