Rainbow Snakehead

STD

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I bought 2 small Rainbow snakeheads a week apart from 2 shops

For the first few weeks they were very shy and I never saw the 2 together

They are now out and about a bit more and I noticed that the colours on their tails is different

I think I might have an 2 differnt species

Is this likely & will it cause a problem?

did you happen to get there latin name?

Channa bleheri which is usually refered to as rainbow snakehead.....google that and see what it show's

picture's would be a GREAT help in these situations :good:

did you happen to get there latin name?

Channa bleheri which is usually refered to as rainbow snakehead.....google that and see what it show's

picture's would be a GREAT help in these situations :good:
I was sold them as Rainbow snakeheads - I fairly certain one is a bleheri - the other one is pretty similar but has a plain tail

I will try & get some piccies up tomorrow but they are quite shy and only about 2"

does any look like this?
channa-spassam.jpg

They both look fairly similar to that - I got 1 from wildwoods

The one I think is a bleheri has a tail like this - the otherones tail is plainer

channa_bleheri_3.jpg

it could be that they are the same species and i'm just being paranoid

:lol: was just checking, wasnt sure if you knew your snakeheads or not.......Maybe it is just a mild varient of tail colour...... :shifty:

Iam getting a male and female sp assam next week, along with a obscura and 3 pleuno :drool:

they'll be assam and Bleheri. I bought Assam by accident instead of Bleheri. Similar size and pattern except I beliieve the colouraion in the tail is different

I've just posted pics of my assams in picture section

:lol: was just checking, wasnt sure if you knew your snakeheads or not.......Maybe it is just a mild varient of tail colour...... :shifty:

Iam getting a male and female sp assam next week, along with a obscura and 3 pleuno :drool:
I wouldnt say I'm an expert but not a novice either :)

Sounds like a nice purchase - are they going in different tanks?

they'll be assam and Bleheri. I bought Assam by accident instead of Bleheri. Similar size and pattern except I beliieve the colouraion in the tail is different

yeah that was my first guess

Do you think they will be ok together?

At the moment they are ignoring each other and have found hiding places at opposite ends of the tank

interestingly I bought a purple gudgeon at the weekend and one of the snakeheads likes hanging out with the gudgeon!

yeah that was my first guess

Do you think they will be ok together?

At the moment they are ignoring each other and have found hiding places at opposite ends of the tank

interestingly I bought a purple gudgeon at the weekend and one of the snakeheads likes hanging out with the gudgeon!

'm sure they'll be fine as they are simlar in keeping requirements and temper. I wanted Bleheri and ended up with Asam. I think the Bleheri are better looking.

I've found they are shier than thebigger Channas I keep and I also found they didn;t like th cooler temps I kept them eventhough they are sub tropical

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back