Questions On New tank

GSD

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
:p Hi i have decided rather than risking a betta in my community i am gotin to get a small 5-10 gallon for a betta.I dont really want it to be on its own the more the better i say so i was thinking a cory cat
is there anything else and can an apple snail go with a cary cat???
Please reply
Does nebody no of a good site selling/info on fish in the UK?
Thanks Laura :)

Try Trimar for mail order fish in the UK.

I have one remaining ADF with my betta but am thinking of relocating the frog to my larger community tank because the betta can be a bit funny with him. Not violent but clearly un-nerving. All depends on the betta really.

Hi germanshepherdlver :)

I find that corys are excellent companions for a betta, but since they are schooling fish, you will need more than one. The 10 gallon tank would be a better choice for them, and you could get 4 or 5 of them as well as the betta and the snail.

Corys get along with snails, bettas, ADFs, in fact they get along with everybody! I raise corys, and keep bettas in some of my cory tanks. The bettas seem to be very lively compared to many others I've seen. They find the corys interesting to watch and often follow them around. It's funny to see them flaring at the corys, while the corys ignore them and go about their business. :D

3-4 dwarf/pygmy cories would work in a 5 gallon with the betta if you can find them.

Pygmy or panda cories will do, the other varieties get a bit too big for a 10g.

If you get a 5g, then the most you can have is a betta and one or two ADFs.

P.T.

Most reactions

Back