Questions About Slime Coat

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

G_Sharky

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,
I have some concern regarding some of my fish especially my large gold severum that seeems to be shedding some slime everytime I do a WC. Yesterday I did some re arranging of my tank and did a 30% WC and I notice that some of my angels appear to be stress out have clamped fins and is hanging on one spot heads up to the surface. Now I talk to someone and said that it's like there's something in the water in my area and that I'm using Prime Water Conditioner. Does anybody have any problems regarding Prime and what other brand should I look into just incase I wanna switch water conditioner.....thanks...

Have you tested your water before putting it in the tank? It sounds like your water may be irritating your fish.

Yes, could it be that with the tank being perhaps mature and long-running you've just drifted away from ever checking the basic NH3, NO2, NO3, pH of the tap and tank water? Its probably not that but just a thought. WD

Ohh yeah sorry I forgot to mention that I did all that test and my tank has been running for years....all the parameters were good, no ammonia, no nitrite, 20 ppm of Nitrates, ph about 7.5...I've tested my tap water before and it was ok, I should do that now to see. Anyways, I described what my angels are doing to the guy in the LFS and he said that sometimes it happens in there store when they do water changes he said maybe something in the water from that area...But my other fish are all acting normal, even the angels were eating today is just that if i dont go near the tank they just hang out in the top corner of my tank....

Most reactions

Back