Pumpkin Peices For Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
we've just finished carving our pumpkins and i was wondering if i can toss a peice in for my Bristlenose Pleco. theres lots of little chunks from the eyes, nose, mouth... etc. Is pumpkin alright to feed plecs. i just dont want to cause harm to my tank. thanks

I see no harm in it, if he doesnt take any interest though, take it out so it doesnt go mushy.

ok thanks i just did a google search as well and it seems other people have done and reccommend pumpkin. Hes a big fan of veggies and theres not one thing ive tried that he doesnt like so i hope he likes this little treat.

im not sure if i should take the skin off though or leave it on???

I gave all my pets a pumpkin treat the other day...it was a big hit. I even fed some mashed pumpkin to my Molly/Guppy fry.

Sorry if im invading but would any fish eat pumpkin?

If your fish will eat any plant matter, they can eat pumpkin. It won't harm them if they don't like it...just be sure to cut/mash it to size so it doesn't just make a huge mess.

Just tossed a peice in there attached to a spoon and some fishing line and within ONE minute my BN pleco was out of his cave searching all around for the good stuff. He finally found it after searching around the bottom for a bit and has been ALL over it for about half hour now. All of my other fish. Rainbows.Blackskirt tetras.Gold gourami are nibbeling away at it as well. Its a shame fresh pumpkin is only available once a year as it seems fish LOVE IT.
Some pics just for fun
036.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back