Preset aquarium heaters?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

BettaMan2000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there anyway to adjust these, Iā€™ve got a Tetra ht10 (I think) thatā€™s preset to a thermostatically controlled 25 degrees C, so far doing a great job, tested with 2 different thermometers and itā€™s exactly 25 degrees.

But my point is, is there anyway my heater can be adjusted to a few degrees higher if I needed to?

I don't think so. I've just looked at Tetra's website and it does say they keep the water at a constant 78 deg F. This could be a problem if you want to keep fish that need cooler or warmer water than that. Or even to increase the temperature temporarily should fish ever get whitespot.

I am surprised they make a fixed temperature heater. All the ones I've come across have been adjustable. If you wanted to replace it at any time, I use Eheim-Jager heaters (some shops call them Eheim, some call them Jager). If you ever do replace it, bear in mind that adjustable heaters are rarely accurately calibrated. The best way to set them is by ignoring the number on the dial, and set them to whatever gives the temperature you want using a thermometer that goes in the water not a stick on the outside one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back