PREGNANT SWORDTAIL

mrplaty

Fishaholic
Reaction score
attached is a picture of the pregnant swordtail i got yesterday. the gravid spot is slightly darker than this picture shows. can anyone give me a rough estimate of how long until the fry are born and when to put her into the breeding tank. :D

cheers!!!!

Attachments

• fishy.jpg
    fishy.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 16
Probably a week or so but it's difficult to say because feeding, water temperature, stress etc are important in deciding how quickly the fry develop and so are ready to be born. When you see white-ish stuff showing in the gravid spot (I mean it won't be completely uniform black - there will be varying shades, you'll probably see what I mean) you can be sure the fry will be born within the next 3 or so days and you can move her I think during the next few days as it's better to put her in the breeding tank early on so she isn't overly stressed when she's giving birth rather than leave it to the last minute. You'll know just before she gives birth cause she'll start acting different from normal. Good luck :)

i am going away for the whole day on sunday so do you think i should put the female in the breeding tank. last time, I didnt put my molly in the breeding tank and the fry were eaten within minutes.

This is a little late so I will just ask if she had them yet??? I didn't get to see any of my fry from my white mollie. They were all eaten so fast. sad. HOw long are they usually pregnant for anyways? anybody?

mezo

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back