olivia53

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a weirdly specific question. I had my guppies die of parasites so now I only have a mystery snail in my 10 gallon tank. Iā€™ve now acquired a betta but iā€™m hesitant with what I should do with him in regards to my tank. Iā€™m worried that he could catch parasites if I put him in the water that my guppies were in and Iā€™m also worried that my mystery snail could give him parasites. I was thinking about disinfecting my tank with a bleach method while the betta and the snail live elsewhere. Does anyone have any advice for this? Should I keep them separate just in case my mystery snail is carrying parasites? Thank you in advance.

I agree it would be good to know more. If it is simply worms then you could probably use a deworming medication.

If you do go the sterilization route you would have to re-cycle the tank

Tell us a little more. What kind of parasites killed your guppies? How sure are you of the cause of death? How is your 10g set up (filter? plants? substrate?)?
Iā€™m not too sure which parasites killed my guppies. All I know is that they burst through their chests kind of morbidly. Iā€™m very sure of the cause of death because they bloated with stringy white poop and then their deaths were pretty telling. Iā€™m set up with a filter, heater, a piece of wood, and crushed coral substrate. Iā€™m in Canada as well where I canā€™t exactly get fish medication because itā€™s banned here.

Iā€™m not too sure which parasites killed my guppies. All I know is that they burst through their chests kind of morbidly. Iā€™m very sure of the cause of death because they bloated with stringy white poop and then their deaths were pretty telling. Iā€™m set up with a filter, heater, a piece of wood, and crushed coral substrate. Iā€™m in Canada as well where I canā€™t exactly get fish medication because itā€™s banned here.
@Colin_T

Most reactions

trending

Back