Popeye

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jetosy

Reaction score
I bought 2 Black Mollies from the fish store and put them in my 2.5 gal tank. One had babies then got Ick and died within 2 days. I took it back to the store for a replacement. The guy at the fish store said that everyone was bringing back the Mollies. They were treated after I bought them (of course). He said it was safe to put the replacement Molly in the tank with the other one and then to treat the whole tank. I did this with some Ick-b-gone or whatever, liquid form. The infected Molly didn't last 3 days after that.

I used the drop tablets and then I changed the tank, cleaned it out and put the replacement Molly back in there. That was about 2-3 days ago. I looked today to see that one of his/her eyes is clouded over and popping. I looked up Popeye and it said that one of the possible causes was too mych gas in the water from the bubbles. Should I take the Molly out, until all of the bubbles are gone? Should I leave the fish alone and wait to see if it goes away? Should I use salt? What should I do?

Thanks......

There a quite a few causes to popeye, if you have no scaless fish add some salt to the tank.

Thank you Wilder. How often and how much? Should I get Epsom salt? I read that I should not use table salt. Is this true?

Most reactions

Back