Polaroid A700

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Watch out for this camera, as far as I can tell it has only digital zoom. That's not so goo because the more you zoom in the less your resolution. Look for one with on optical zoom, or make sure this one has optical zoom included. As far as I can tell though it is only digital zoom, and digital zoom is an absolute waste; I always turn it off on my point and shoot camera.

SLC

Yes that camera would be many times better. Optical zoom is the only way to go! That camera likely has digital zoom as well so you will be able to see just how bad it makes the pictures look if you use the digital zoom! Most cameras of this type have optical zoom, and then after you have used up the optical zoom it can switch into digital zoom and zoom in a bit more!

I always reccomend geting a camera with as much optical zoom as possible! This camera doesn't have a ton, but it will still be sufficient for most applications!

SLC

Thank you very much

I see I edited the post right around when you were posting, of the two cameras which would you get that I showed, the HP or fujifilm?

I've heard bad things about HP cameras. I admittedly don't know much about them though! If it were me I'd still go with the fujifilm cam, they're a Nikon owned company, and Nikon is definately one of the best camera manufacturers out there.

The fuji is also 8 mega pixels vs the HP's 6 this will give you a bit better looking prints and the ability to print larger enlargements if you get a really good shot. You can get an XD card at Walmart for next to nothing! I saw 2GB SD cards there this last weekend for $39, 2 GB would hold over 1000 shots.

Yeah I'd definatley go with the Fuji if it were my decision to make, let me know what you decide!

also make sure you get the correct media card for it, I think I read that the fuji uses XD cards!

SLC

Ok, that's what I was going to go with also as it had more mega pixels for 10$ more. I'll have to go to walmart and look at there memory cards. I believe this camera has 10mb internal memory which is basically nothing, maybe 20pics?

I will definately let you know and show you the pics I take. I hopefully will get it Saturday. It has a xD/SD compatible slot. I take it you like cameras a lot, you seem to know a lot.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp...catNavId=523553 is there a difference in these, sd cards seem to be cheaper than the xd so i think I'll get a sd unless there's a drawback?

O just saw in officemax ad, they have a 2gb SD card by toshiba for camera memory, these ok to get?

thanks

Yeah I love digital photography, I just blew $1000 on a Digital SLR camera.

I'd get an SD card if the Fuji supports it, they're more common, you'll find them in more places, and there's less of a chance that they'll become outdated. My new DSLR uses SD cards.

I'd go with the Lexar card, but only because it's the only card maker out of those that I've heard of. Lexar has been doing flash memory modules in various formats for quite a while now. Just be sure not to buy the SDHC card ($65) unless you're sure this camera supports it. SDHC is the newest technology in SD cards and not all cameras support it right now. Check the Fujifilm website after you buy the camera for any firmware updates for that model and maybe there will be a update that will allow it to use SDHC if you want one.

That is a nice camera there, you'll really enjoy it!

SLC

Thanks a lot, you sure did help. The lexar card isn't a bad price, probably will get two of those, each hold about 500 photos you say? I hope I enjoy this camera, will take a junk out of my budget, I'm going to need to find some more ways to make money this summer so I can play paintball. It sure is hard to support more than one expensive hobby. I've always been fascinated by photography, I hope to get into it more. Maybe in another year or two I buy a 500 dollar camera or something.

btw: are you saying that the Toshiba 2gb sd memory card would be a waste of money then?

I didn't see the Toshiba in that link, if it is cheaper than buying (2) 1 GB cards then I'd get that. 1 GB is a whole lot of storage though, I use a Sandisk 512 MB card in my camera and it has been enough for me! I get about 130 shots before that card fills up and that is at an uncompressed 10 Megapixel resolution setting!

If if were me, I'd actually go with one of the 1GB cards and one of These, I've been told that it is hard on the camera to connect it to the computer via the USB cable that comes with it; it certainly drains a lot of power from your batteries. I use this card reader and it has been fantastic, plus it's only about the size of a thumb drive so it fits in the bag with the camera easily.

SLC

Basically that is a memory card reader, it's a lot like the ones that come on some of the newer computers. You take the card out of the camera, there is a little slot on the side of the card reader that the card slides into and then you plug it into a USB port on your computer. It transfers the pictures from your card to your computer, then you can print them or store them or whatever you decide to do.

Now if you are using a computer that has a card reader built in to it then you don't need to worry about getting it! Cause you've got one built in!

I'd guess that you could get from 5 to 10 pictures on the internal memory of the camera. I think it's mainly meant for stores to be able to display them for shoppers to use, without the store having to pay for a mem card to put in. But 10 MB of internal memory isn't much to really use.

The stuff your link returns to is kinda mixed, some of those readers are for CF cards or Memorysticks, and the SD cards are a bit too expensive IMO. The one I pointed to I think was only $18 and it has been very very nice to have. Mainly because of how compact it is! If there is no Bestbuy by you you can always just get whatever is the best available at the store you go to. As long as it reads SD cards you'll be just fine; and pretty much every card reader will work with SD because it is by far the most common format in Digital Cameras.

SLC

The stuff your link returns to is kinda mixed, some of those readers are for CF cards or Memorysticks, and the SD cards are a bit too expensive IMO. The one I pointed to I think was only $18 and it has been very very nice to have. Mainly because of how compact it is! If there is no Bestbuy by you you can always just get whatever is the best available at the store you go to. As long as it reads SD cards you'll be just fine; and pretty much every card reader will work with SD because it is by far the most common format in Digital Cameras.

SLC

Um I'm confused, maybe I'm just reading it wrong but you say SD cards are a bit too expensive, those are the one's I want to use right?

this one says it's a SD card reader by the price, I believe it's the one I showed above, this would be correct right?

So basically it needs to say supports securedigital cards and it should be ok?

thanks

No I don't mean that SD cards are too expensive, just that the ones at office max that you showed seemed a bit pricey to me! I think that you could find the same thing at Walmart or Target for less $.

And yes as long as the card reader says it supports Secure Digital, it will work just fine. It's a bonus if it also supports xD cards because then you can use both if you want without having to buy a different card reader.

SLC

Ok thanks, I'll see what they have this weekend hopefully. They have around 10cameras in stock so I think I should be able to get one.

thanks a lot

Most reactions

Back