pleco in guppy tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

FishFreak

Reaction score
I want to move my 3 inch pleco out of my goldfish tank and into my guppy fry tank. It has 3 generations of fry and 5 hetts. Will the pleco eat my smaller fry or is it ok to move him in? TIA

if the fry are down at the bottom of the tank (in or around the substrate) they may get eaten, but if your pleco has plenty to eat there shouldn't be a problem. I've got bn's in with guppies and don't have any problems with them

sue

hopefully your pleco isnt wild or jerky. what i mean is when a pleco is spooked they go wild and truck anything in their way. ive never had a pleco eat any kind of fry ive had. gl

plecs are vegatarians, unles your fry are at the bottom of the tank then they may by accident, normally though the plec will warn the other fish to move out of its way by putting its fin up

Thanks for the reassurance, folks. I moved him in this morning. My fry hang out midwater or top. He's a pretty laid back fish so I won't expect any trouble :D

:blink: I have a pleco, in with my guppies. I think it would just matter on what size of tank you have. Mine is a 20 gallon. I never seenin' them having any problems.

Most reactions

Back