Please Please Help

I will read the article. Thank you guys for being so helpful!!! Its wonderful that there are people so willing to help out. So my ph is still holding at 7.5 after 48 hours. I have also lost no fish in over 48 hours...knocking on wood. I have at least three four day old guppy fry that seem to be doing really well and have had no ammonia or nitrite spikes. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep testing.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have tested my tap water twice a day for the last two days both straight from the tap and after standing for a few hours. The ph of my tap used to be 7.4 however it is now 6.2. My ph was crashing everytime I changed my water. I mentioned that I bought the api proper ph 7.5 and added to a few buckets of tap water let it sit for a few hours tested it at every hour and then slowly over six hours added the buckets to my tank. As mentioned above my ph has now held and not crashed. Looks like I may have to do this for every water change now. Seems to be a decent product but please let me know if there are better ones. This one advertises that it will buffer the ph to keep it at 7.5 and so far seems to deliver.

Are uv sanitizers worth the money? Are they helpful?

I think of UV units as a helpful piece of equipment to solve certain specific problems but not something that most people use and not something that needs to be considered until you've been pushed hard by the need. WD

So I purchased a sanitizer from ebay. Figure it is a good thing to have on hand. Thanks.

On a side note: I ended up with over 100 guppy fry, about 20 adults and two otos. I keep an eye on local classified adds for good deals on tanks at what not. I found an add stating that the owner of a 40 gallon tank no longer wanted fish. She wanted to sell everything off and was planning on flushing all of her fish because it was too much work to find them homes. In a panic I called and offered to take them(I could not handle the idea of fish being flushed). Luckily I had an empty 10 gallon tank and I cycle water in 5 gallon buckets for my pond. She also had a 10 inch sailfin plec in her tank which she was planning on flushing that I took to my lfs as my 55 gallon is too small for the poor guy. He also took all the adult guppies. My lfs is absolutely wonderful and the gentleman that runs it is very picky on who he will sell his fish to. He will also take the guppy fry I don't want when they get color.

Most reactions

Back