Please help me read this Ammonia test

usameisje

Reaction score
Nitrites 0 Nitrates 0.5, pH 7.6
I have trouble reading shades of green - I would swear my ammonia test was 0 right at 5 minutes but it definitely started changing color after that. Should I only trust the 5 minutes reading or should I assume there is ammonia in here? Thanks for giving me any insider info you have about these tests. I did follow the instructions.
1BBF7911-B851-41B4-8124-9365C2EF0E0F.jpeg

Looks like 0.25 to me. Cant answer your other question though.

I would say your ammonia level is .75. It looks higher than .5 and lower than 1. It shouldnt change much after the 5 minute mark. Be sure to shake the bottles thoroughly before adding to the tube.

I would say your ammonia level is .75. It looks higher than .5 and lower than 1. It shouldnt change much after the 5 minute mark. Be sure to shake the bottles thoroughly before adding to the tube.
I agree. Looks like .50+

@usameisje, are you sure you followed the instructions exactly?

Human labs are way easier to read than fish ones! I run labs as part of my job as a practice nurse- I might try running all the labs again to see if i’m getting consistent results. Thanks for the feedback! Reddit is convinced the ammonia can give a false 0.25 but Who knows if that’s true.

Do you have fish in your tank or are you doing a fishless cycling? How long has your tank been set up?

The ammonia test can look greener than it really is under some lights. Did you read the test in daylight or electric light? If electric, what type? Fluorescent, LED, halogen?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back