Plastic Plants....

RattleSnake

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I bought a plastic plant to make my tank look nicer. The problem is I put it in the middle of the tank and my Betta keeps on trying to do new things with the leaves, going through and down and up but I am afraid he might get scratched.. is it wise for a Betta Fish to have a plastic plant in his tank...

I use only real plants in my tanks. They are much better for the fish than fake plants. They purify the water, create hiding places and add oxigen to the water for the betta's and look much prettier than fake plants.

1 of mine got its tail split in 1/2 by a plastic plant... kinda looked like a fake double tail..

but yea.. them pointy plastic plants ''cambomba'' are pretty sharp and may not be the best with bettas.. i use them with my guppies only

Why not get some low lighting real plants they dont require any maintenance just a trim when they get to long or thinning out when they growing too thick....there are so many advantages to real plants like annieka said.
Java Moss, Java Fern and Riccia are floating plants that bettas love to sleep/hang out in :)

The test for anything that is going to go into a betta's tank is pantyhose...that's right pantyhose..take a pantyhose and rub it up against the plant...if it snags it isn't safe and you shouldn't put it in your betta's tank... :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back