Plants for plonkers

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I’m going to make a big push to get my tank 50% planted , it’s around 5-10% atm with some swords and moss but want to scrap the plastic completely, looking for recommendations for floating plants and some more easy plants like swords , I don’t want to look after them really I just want them to grow lol what do people suggest

I use a simple DIY CO2 system and since I started that 5 yes ago, most simple plants grow fine for me e.g. Vallis, Hygrophila and Ludwigia. However, these grow rapidly so do take some looking after and I have to prune or thin once or twice a week.
Plants that should take less looking after but still grow easily include certain crypts and Anubis, however, for me I find that my lights are too bright for these as they grow slowly and hence I get a build up of algae.
Strangely I have never been able to grow wisteria even though that's supposed to be one of the easiest plants which just goes to show that every tank is different, so the best advice is to try a few varieties and see what works for you.
Good luck!

Most reactions

Back