Plant Advice

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I had jungle vallisneria growing at 82 degrees and 1.004sg, it was a pretty tough plant.

Yeah i'm at 1.010 right now and only look to go up from there so........ I think any sort of plant I would want would have to be ordered online tbh. I don't have many options in my area or anyone that has anything worth buying for my tank.. Unfortunately most of the shopping I would have to do would have to be online and i'm not too keen on buying live fish or plants that way. I like to see them first which is why I really don't have much going on in the tank at the moment.

I think buying plants online is relatively OK. Wouldn't do it with fish, though...

Plants coming from good quality producers have paradoxically more problems to adapt, since they enjoyed top notch treatment until then. I heard two shops here in town (Denmark!) which don't buy anymore from Tropica for that reason! They prefer a lower quality (and cheaper) provider, because thus plants have a higher chance to survive once moved to an imperfect customer tank.
saddam.gif

I guess I can see that as making sense from a shop owners perpective in the sense of people returning/wanting their money back for the plants dying on them since their water params don't match what the plant was initially in...

Most reactions

Back