Pictus cats

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

:D Yay, finally I have my pictus cats home. Unfortunately, being very young ones the first thing one did was gets sucked into the filter hose. Happily I saw it quick enough and rescued it. HAve now covered the tube with an old bit of stocking held in places with an elastic band. :rolleyes:
He seems abit over stressed from it and not as lively as the other two. I shall have to keep a close eye I guess. Poor fella.
Hugs,
P.

At last ! :D Hope they settle in nicely.
Enjoy them :)

I have gouramis and a pictus in a 55gal. He is SUPER hyper. I told my hubby the cat acts like a person with ADHD. He is all over the tank, with the lights on or with them off. Do they do better with more than one? The lfs doesn't really know much about them other than they do well with gouramis. lol
I have a big piece of drift wood that I have to clean up and put in there for them.

trisha1972 said:
I have gouramis and a pictus in a 55gal. He is SUPER hyper. I told my hubby the cat acts like a person with ADHD. He is all over the tank, with the lights on or with them off. Do they do better with more than one? The lfs doesn't really know much about them other than they do well with gouramis. lol
I have a big piece of drift wood that I have to clean up and put in there for them.
[snapback]852051[/snapback]​
If you read this post from the start you'll find the answer to your question :whistle:

I was just thinkig you could keep a pair of keyhole cichlids in that tank with the pictus. Admittedly not as pretty as angels but have a lovely peacful temprement and would go well with the pictus!

trisha1972 said:
I have gouramis and a pictus in a 55gal.  He is SUPER hyper.  I told my hubby the cat    acts like a person with ADHD.  He is all over the tank, with the lights on or with them off.  Do they do better with more than one?  The lfs doesn't really know much about them other than they do well with gouramis.  lol
[snapback]852051[/snapback]​

Get him at least 2 companions. I have 3 living in the 35. I would have more but it won't work in that size tank as they get bigger. Currently they're all dinky. Tank looks quite empty.
Nice idea aloaring. Except I have golden gouraniws in there so no more room now. Unless I re-shuffle at some point later on. Since I just picked my 4th tank (which came with a 6g quarantine tank, v.uselful) of the size 30g. :hey: That is where my platties, endlers, one gouramie and a betta will go. With a partition naturally or we'll have war. Or! I give it over to the live bearers and gouramie and put the betta in with harlequins and x-ray tetras. But I couldn't partition that tank. And I think the tetras may decide to nip....Oh that won't work. I have a sparkling gouramie in there too. So, a seperated 30g it is.
Excuse my ramblings. Am thinking as I type. :D
Hugs,
P.
Edited so bloozoo can read it. :p

I can't read what you are saying in your latest post Miss Dibs Dabs :blink:
The text is too light.

Edit: I guess you are using the dark Emeral skin - on that I can read what you are saying but finding it very difficult on the normal default and sandy skin.

miss dib dabs stop changing around so much. just use black. i was using the dark skin but couldnt read your writing so i switched to default and now i cant read it again

Thanks Miss Dib Dabs - but for the guys using the Emeral skin, your text is too dark now. It's by far best on all skins if you just stick to black text (and it automatically turns white on the emeral skin - easy to read ;) )

I know. That is the drawback to ppl using different skins to view the same site really. As mod on my second home I have to use cyan. That would be nasty to try and read with a white background. :blink:
Everywhere else I use red (being a true goff type *ahem* :lol: ) so it's just habit. I shall endevour to be helpful tho since everyone here is so nice.
Hugs,
P.

:clap: :D thank you ! I do like reading your posts, but sometimes my eyes used to go :blink: :lol:

I've lost one overnight. :(( He got wedged down the side of the heater, which I have now moved, upside down and drowned by the look of it. Poor thing.
The other two have a major outbreak of ich although they look a little better today. So fingers crossed for them.
Hugs,
P.

eek. use half doses for them as theyre scaleless. they will be more prone to infections and ich and stuff like that.

Out of interest, I've always used the normal dosage as per the Interpet no. 6 instructions and I've never lost a fish or plec as a result - the only result ever has been rapid recovery. It depends very much on all the different meds on the market, but I wouldn't just half dose just for the sake of it.
I think the important thing when dosing, is to do it on a day when you can observe the fish. So don't dose at night just before going to sleep - or in the morning just before going to work. That way, if they fish looks more distressed as a result of the meds, you can take action and do a part water change.

Most reactions

Back