Pictus Catfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

digital_run

Fish Herder
Reaction score
:D Hi there....

I've decided to get some pictus catfish for my 65 gal. tank. Now i just have a couple questions before i get them...

1. Ive read they need a Ph of 6.8-7.2 ..... Now my Water has a Ph of 7.5. Will they adapt to my Ph.??

2. Would gettin 2 of them be ok....or should i get 3-4 as ive read they like the comapny of there own kind.

3. Are they fish which can look after themselves...will they work in my semi-agressive tank?

Thanks for any replies :beer:

Hey there
Yes they will adapt to your PH.
I would get a minimum of three if you have room!
and yes they can handle themselves in a semi-aggressive. They may even be the most aggressive fish in there.

Just want to add that the more pictus cats you have the more active and happy they will be.

We'll i added two yesterday and they seem to be ok...they arent together ..but they have there own hideouts...I noticed that they didnt put up with my convict...they chased her right off....do you think i have enough room for maybe 2 more..( in my 65 )?....The store that i bought them at had them listed as " spotted pims"...but they are definetly pictus...thnx for the replies....let me know if you think i can pull off another pair... :p

IMO I think you have room for 2 more. But you might want to wait to get a definite answer from someone who has owned them before. I've just read about them!

Most reactions

Back