Pictus catfish with Red tail black shark

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have had them together in a tank for over a year. They did very well. One thing to remember is that each of these fish is known to make a terriroty usually behind a rock or plant or a piece of wood. As long as the tank is a decint size it should all be fine.

Kevin

and get at least 3. a single one wouldnt do good and 2 of them would kill each other

My aunt has a 29gal, mainly with tiger barbs, she had a Red Tailed Black Shark in there with a Pictus cat and have been doing well as long as ive known shes had them. Just make sure theres lots of terratoies and hiding places.

Wolf

Fishy411 said:
and get at least 3. a single one wouldnt do good and 2 of them would kill each other
Do you mean RTBS's? I hope not. One will be fine on its own in your size tank mate.

As for the combo, no probs. RTBS's like to "own" a territory. This territory would possibly include a piece of drift wood, a large rock, and lots of free swimimng space. So if your having trouble with the combo, which i cannot for-see, try adding these towards one end of your tank.

Goodluck, Miagi! :D

mr_miagi32 said:
Fishy411 said:
Do you mean RTBS's? I hope not. One will be fine on its own in your size tank mate.
I think you'll find that he means the Pictus. 3 is the absolute minimum you should get and the more the better.

One important thing to remember with Pictus (as you may already know) is that they are a nocturnal preadator that will reach 5-6". Any fish under 2 inches are almost certainly at risk of becoming a "midnight snack" and some bigger ones may be as well.

I have a Pictus with an Albino shark in a fairly small tank (soon to move to a bigger home) and they seem to ignore each other. They had occasional small fights were when they were both smaller but now they just ignor each other.

The pictus spends most of the day time in his cave and the shark has a little den behind the filter so as others have said its important they have their own space.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back