Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pictures: Fundulopanchax Gardneri Aquarium Strain

Discussion in 'Killifish' started by kenshi64, Feb 27, 2014.

1. kenshi64

kenshi64 Member

Hello all!

I bought a pair of these fish 3 months ago and while they were pale and colorless back then, they've really grown in this past quarter and I thought I'd share pictures here as well! Also, if anyone is interested I can send eggs when the winter is over :D

[​IMG]

Another shot of the Male:
    [​IMG]

Couples pictures(from the young and colorless days):
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed my thread, look forward to hearing back from you! :)

Cheers!

2. lrhodes

lrhodes Member

Are these a type of killifish?
    Very neat. They are such pretty fish.

3. CoryFever

CoryFever Member

I used to have a pair, but have since exited the killifish game. I'm thinking about getting some eggs, I enjoy watching the fry grow up. I'll pm you about that once the winter is over and I decide I want a few. They breed so easily! It really is fun breeding these killis, and they grow up to be so colorful. I actually had a video of these guys spawning. I'll see if I can dig that up. I have a mountain of files on this computer lol

4. kenshi64

kenshi64 Member

Hello! Sorry for the late reply! I check for the first couple of days but this sub forums is really quite dead :/  Very nice to know that I'm responsible for rekindling the love for killies, good luck! I need to document this F1 batch before I sell them off to the fish shop tomorrow! *returns* Done, pictures attached! It's not fair! This alpha looks waaayy better than his father at the same age! :I

Yes indeed! In fact they're the most popular beginner killie along with the lyretail killifish! :) I've attached pictures of his kids below. The alpha kid looks amazing, he's got green on him and more color in general! :O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Naturally, copyrights reserved :) Enjoy!