PH 8.5-9!?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Raechal

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I am doing a fishless cycle right now and was bored so I tested the PH. I have like three different test kits for PH so I used each of them. Two of them are liquid tests and one is one of those test strip thingies. So the water turned dark blue/purple when I did the liquid which means it is in the 8.5-9 area. The stick turned bright pink which was the highest it could go at 8.4. I don't have any fish or anything in there. I was just worried if it would stay this high and if it is normal with a fishless cycle?

My PH of my tapwater is somewhere around 7-7.5.

Go with your tap readings thats correct, ph is all over the place when cycling a tank so you won't get an accurate reading.

Wilder said:
Go with your tap readings thats correct, ph is all over the place when cycling a tank so you won't get an accurate reading.
Okay..I just didn't want my PH to be like at 9. I've never seen it do that before. The highest I've tested my PH was like 7.5 or something like that.

Is because of the ammonia in the tank due to the cycle it alters your ph nothing to worry about, good luck with the cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back