Pets And Pets And Pets

LOL @ Captain Retardo. :lol:

Gorgeous babies Helsekia! Those lizards are very sweet... I have wanted to get some lizards for a while, could you (or anyone) recommend some that are suitable for a beginner? Thanks. :)

i was told by the breeder where to place the uv tube.the basking light (which is the direct heat source)is of course closer to the ground with a suitable basking platform.

Ok no problems i was only suggesting that it is better for them.They cant get full benifit from the tubes if they are too far away as the uv can only travel a short distance .I have Been keeping beardies for years.

Might be worth asking on www.livefoods.co.uk in the lizard section what the advised distance is for a UV tube though and you will be suprised ;)

they spend most of their time on the basking platforms and branches so they are only about a foot from uv tube most of the time.

theyre closer to the uv rays than they would be in the wild and they get it 12 hours a day as well.

Hi if your beardie has plenty ov climbing places etc it will get a good variant ov uv rays. I have lots ov higher places in my vivarium where my beardie rests so he gets very near the uv tube. Wild beardies dont get the 12 hours uv lighting like our captive ones do. Wild ones hide more in shaded places for saftey etc. The average height for a vivarium for a beardie is 2ft so with lots ov wood, vines , rocks and plants to climb on they do get enough contact with the uv rays, also dont forget that uv bulbs lose the UVB component of their output with time and must be replaced approx every 6 months. Mary :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back