pelmatichromis pulcher

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tim

Reaction score
Where can I find information on kribs? Once the heat wave goes away and my fish stop getting boiled to death, I'm going to try to get a pair to work out. (I live in Madrid, Spain, and we've had one hot summer!)

It will be my fourth attempt (the first three were before summer) and each time they've started out well only to have one start acting heavily stressed after about a week before dying and then the other one following suit.

PH has been around 7,5. Nitrites at highest were at .005. I've never done an ammonia test but I would assume that if the nitrites are so low, there shouldn't be an ammonia problem. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks SMB. Quick, concise, to the point. Can't ask for any better.

Unfortunately it still doesn't give me any clues as to why the three pairs I've had haven't made it past the two week point when they all started out really well.

Also the article left me a little confused on the temperature issue. It starts out saying 24-25º C in the summary but later on talks about 29º as ideal for the fry.

The temperature is a big issue for me because I'm fairly certain high temperatures (29-31º) have killed about 14 fish on me this summer.

Most reactions

Back