Pearl Gourami In A 30 Gal?

KrystaK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've been hoping to get a Gourami for a while. I've asked around on here and have been told that Peral Gourami are a more peaceful type of Gourami and would do fine in my 30 Gal (115 Lt) tank (36l x 18h x 12w).
the local LFS only sells male gourami (They claim, they could be wrong, but as far as I can tell, they`re right) so it would probably be a male Pearl Gourami.
I just want to confirm that a Pearl Gourami would be alright in my tank (As the index of Gourami on here indicates they need a 30-40 gal tank)

A 30 gallon tank is fine for a single male Pearl Gourami. Make sure you get compatible tankmates though, some are too shy & some are too agressive. Cherry barbrs work very well with Pearl G's..............

All fish have individual personalities but generally speaking Pearl Gouramis are much more docile than the Blue, Gold Three Spot, etc. Also most females are much less aggressive than males. You could try for a female or even 2 if you know what to look for. I can show you the difference very easily if you don't already know.

You may want to add females instead, you could probably fit up to 3 or 4 depending on what tankmates you plan on. Let me know if you need help sexing them, I'm always looking for an excuse to post pictures of my Pearl G's.

My stock is in my signature.
2 Female Molly's
1 female Guppy
1 BNP
5 Panda Cory's
5 Platy's (1M: 4F)

Anyways as far as I can tell.... It's a female, but I can't be sure, a second opinion would be good :)
Betta005.jpg

Well that one is def. a female, no doubt about it! That's a young one too, but if it was a male her dorsal would be longer & end in a point that reaches to the beginning of the caudal (tail) fin. You do have some bigger fish already so maybe just another female would be a good fit. Get her a friend!

I was thinking of picking up a 10 gal to but my two male Bettas in (5 gal divided each) and then move the Mollies and the guppy perhaps to the 20 gal and then I'd have some room in the 30 gal for a friend for her.
Most people I've talked to have said my tank is full, but I don't have the stock I want yet so I have some moving around to do :p

Ah, the Dreaded Triple Post!

Sounds like you have a great plan there, good luck! Let us know how it turns out. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back