Parrot Chilids

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

yea convicts when they are young are slightly round and mine is adult my other female in my bigger tank is only a juvee and is rounded they seem to lengthen out when they are mature but thats if they are pink cons if they are then you will have babies soon

ty u have made me happy , if you look at the colour of my female i been told when they get that colour shes ready to spawn , do yours go that colour ?

I believe what you have is a 'jelly bean parrot'. Some people think its a deformed pink con, others think its a convict x blood parrot.

how can u tell as they are only young .and ive seen a few pics of young pink cons and look round like mine

Just to point out, you don't have a 'regular' pink convict. I think they are called jellybean convicts or bubblegum convicts, I'm not well up on hybrids/deformed strains of fish.

This is a regular pink con, note the longer body and its more 'rectangular'
Pink%20Convict2.JPG

This is your picture, yours has a shorter body and is much more rounded
Photo0092.jpg

is ur pic of a baby becouse it seems bigger than mine ,

The picture of the regular pink con is probably of an adult male going by the nuchal hump (hump on its head). Either way you don't have a regular pink convict, you have what I think is called a jellybean convict/bubble gum convict.

the males only get the humps when they mature its unlikely yours will have a hump if they are juvs

ok i think something is going on , ive had a look at back of ship and can see a slight tunnel , but when the female comes out its like hes pushing her back to it if there ready whys her tube not come out

ok i think something is going on , ive had a look at back of ship and can see a slight tunnel , but when the female comes out its like hes pushing her back to it if there ready whys her tube not come out

I agree with shroob that they are jellybean convicts,

and TBH there is no need to disturb them, regardless of whether they are breeding or not, convicts are known for their great parenting skills and don't need any help from anyone

yes but are they is this normal for mating

if the female has dug a pit and is hiding and the male is not letting any other fish near the pit then yes it is possible,
You'll soon find out as quite soon after they are born they will be all hanging around just outside the pit with 'mum and dad' keeping a protective eye over them

Most reactions

Back