Pangasius

Status
Not open for further replies.

~fishyluver~

Reaction score
i have an albino pangasius i bought yesterday,it is like 3 inches and i wanna know how big they usually get, AND i wanna know if it will eat my other fish like my white clouds when it gets bigger? :nod:

here are some pics and a good topic about pangasius cats...... they get very very very big.

never buy a fish without knowing a bit about it. You should always do your research.

I don't think there's anyone on this site with a tank big enough to house a pangasius properly.... i'm guessing your no exception (especially if your keeping it with white clouds, not generally what people would stock a monster tank with!) :/

Your best bet is to take it back to the store where you bought it, also while your there give the owner a mouthful about selling them!! Sadly this fish should not be in the trade as it's exceptionally rare that people have room to house them properly. :/

It really gets me down to see how many lfs stock these fish, when they must know that there are hardly any hobbyists out there capable of giving them a decent life. It's as if they were selling elephants in the small pets section.

my LFS had a 12" one in, someone bought it, and ordered a custom built 7ftx3ft tank for it to live in. just for the one fish.
i was glad to see it went to a good home.
then pissed off with the LFS when they ordered 15 more baby 3" pangasius and proudly showed me....GRR.

massive

they are almost blind as well, will really do there heads in been in small tank

I dont understand why people buy fish that they have no idea about!

If you dont know what it is, go look it up in a book, dont just buy it then ask "will it eat my fish"

i dont have to do no research you little fish nerds can do your resaerch and waste your time.. AND i can ask any kind of question i want

cuz i dont have to do research i was jus in tha store and i bought it you shallow ****.... speak sum english

:(

Why do we have to put up with people who ask questions but then refuse to listen to us anyway? What a negative attitude. I may be new to these forums but I've run into this on other forums in the past.

Best one yet (summarized):
[poster]: "What size cage should I house two breeding Umbrella Cockatoos in?" (these are very large sized birds btw)
[me]: "I say a bare minimum size would be 6ft x 6ft x 6ft"
[poster]: "No way!!1? i dont hve room for that cage! I have them in a 1ft x 2ft x 2ft cage and they are fine! So leave me alone!! do U think i'm some sort of millionare!!??1"
[me]: "You asked what I thought was an appropriate cage size, and I think the minimum would be a 6ft cube, regardless of how much space you have available. You may not have enough room to house two breeding cockatoos."
[poster]: "They are scared fo me but they will like me in time and they will be fin in the cage i hv so dont give me such a hard time for asking a question. I came to u for help not to get yelled at geeze!! i thot you were suposed to help ppl!?"

I cry for the cockatoos and catfish out there.
I apologize if this post is not appropriate. Moderators can delete it. I just have such a hard time with people who are not interested in learning about the lives they have taken into their hands; animals who are helpless and have no rights. It is our job to care for them in the best way possible.

Yeah people are only answering your question mate, you asked if it will get big and if it will eat your other fish, the answer to both was yes, so if your not planning on doing anything about it then why do you even need to know how big it will get or if it will eat your other fish? Why even waste your time talking to these co called fish nerds?

Now that I'm curious, I looked up more information about this albino Pangasius and they get 4-5 feet long! That is a giant fish. My lil'old 50 galon long (48") wouldn't even fit him if I was changing the water in his swimming pool!

I think the answer to the question "What does a 5' long catfish eat?" Is still "Anything he darn well wants."

(I read that similar species of catfish can get to be 9' long wowee!)

If it were me I'd take him straight back. Or start calling your local Zoos to find out who will want him in a couple years. Don't count on selling him though, you'll be lucky to give him away for free once he's any bigger.

-Nerwign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back