P. Demasoni Species Tank, Planning Stages

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hey, in the planning of my tank i am coming to realize that you are quite the expert on african cichlids, and P. demasoni for that case. just one qusetion i have. i know that at this point you a planning on your demasoni being the only cichlids in the tank. I'm thinking of adding a group of 4-5 of another species cichlid to contrast whatever large number of demasoni i end up getting eventually. while i will probably decide on gettin a small group of electric yellow labs because they surprisingly are known to do well with demasoni tanks, i just have been looking for a species i havent had before. do you know of any lake malawai species or other compatable species that has a bright contrasting color to the demasoni, (like electric yellows) that may be compatable with them, but not as common? :blink:

Wow, it's been awhile since I updated this, not too much going on. I ordered the Fx5 today, wooohoooo, and I'll start ordering the rest of my supplies and the tank sometime next month. So, stick with me.:nod:

hey, in the planning of my tank i am coming to realize that you are quite the expert on african cichlids, and P. demasoni for that case. just one qusetion i have. i know that at this point you a planning on your demasoni being the only cichlids in the tank. I'm thinking of adding a group of 4-5 of another species cichlid to contrast whatever large number of demasoni i end up getting eventually. while i will probably decide on gettin a small group of electric yellow labs because they surprisingly are known to do well with demasoni tanks, i just have been looking for a species i havent had before. do you know of any lake malawai species or other compatable species that has a bright contrasting color to the demasoni, (like electric yellows) that may be compatable with them, but not as common?
blink.gif

Sorry I didn't catch your post, I didn't get notified of it. I believe I gave you some suggestions in one of your topics, but if not a few species I think would look good with dems are Metriaclima estherae, Pseudotropheus acei & Pseudotropheus socolofi Albino.

Well, the Fx5 showed up a couple weeks ago, I was surprised at how large it is, I hope it fits in the cabinet. I'm excited to start ordering the rest of the setup, just need to finish my living room. Ugh, unpacking sucks!

Hurry up, we need piccies

Well, I could put up pictures of my living room where it's going, but all you have to imagine is a room of boxes and furniture pushed up against the walls.
laugh.gif

Hows this going? I read something last night about an all demasoni tank, that turned into a single male ruling all :unsure:

One thing i would certainly like to do in the future is keep this species, along with yellow labs maybe, im fine with my shellies for now though :)

I have been reading this thread closely...do I get my brownie points now :lol:

I was going to keep dems with yellow labs too, but I couldn't find the dems, so it ended up being a species tank, which is actually turning out to be quite nice :nod:

Anyway good luck with this tank, and yes, we do want to see the boxes and furniture leaning against the wall :lol:

hey! i got a question for ya, how are you setting up your UGJ? I was planning on just doing the several pvc "jets" like is normally done been though it might be simpler to have one long piece run along the back with three or four pieces coming off it from back to front and drilling those so they are kind of like spray bar and just have them pointing up. do you think this would work?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back