Oxygen Bubbles

Here is a test I did quickly on CAD..

you can see how light that would have been wasted goes back into the tank..

reflectortest.gif

however, if you look at the dimensions. This is one big reflector!!!

yeah that looks pretty cool.... it makes a lot of sense and probably would help a lot... that reflector is quite large ;) i wonder if it could be addapted to use with 4 bulbs, like maybe a small v shape over the top of each bulb and curvd ends....

Yeah the other reflector though will work and it is about 2-3 inches wide, I think that would make more sense for me and you...

I was also considering grouping the two T8 bulbs and using a reflector based on the AH supply design... and using 2 of the small spider design on the two T12 bulbs and hopefully everything will fit

Hey FishNix,

how's it going with your tank...

I did a major re-aquascape of the whole tank....
check it out here:

pic post

hey man-- my plants are still growing like CRAZY... i have to trim the asian ambulia every few days or it will cover the whole surface of my tank... haha!

Talk about a massive hacking of tanks, I took out a good 70% of my plants from the bow yesterday. It's weird looking at it and only having a few plants instead of it being covered so you can't see anything :lol:. I'll see if I can get a pic of it. Don't worry I'll need to do another massive hacking in a month or so if things keep going the way they were.

Rose

hey rose-
what do you do with all of your cuttings? i hate to throw them out...
cheers!

bowprune2.jpg

What the tank looked like about a month ago before I had hair algae again.

bowpruned.jpg

What it looks like after I got rid of the algae last night. Huge difference huh.

FishNix, what I normally do is give them to some of my buds who want them other wise I stick them in other tanks. If they are algae infested I'll just toss them out if I can't get the algae off.

Hey Rose,

I am suffering from hair algae as well.... what is the best way to fix that...

I am adding Nitrates daily, my phosphates are good..

not over feeding, the fish are eating all the food everytime... but I have hari algae... and it sucks..

Do you have SAE? will they fix the problem?

oazanki- Planted tank links. Look for the area that says algae control and you'll find 2 very good articles on how to deal with algae and how to keep it from taking over your tank. I'd be doing well if I reread those too..lol

Rose

This is a pic of my 30g Tiger Barb tank. Found it this morning and thought you guys would like to take a peak at it. Enjoy.

Rose

Attachments

• tigertank1.jpg
    tigertank1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 65

Most reactions

Back