Over Population

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

algae eater

Reaction score
I have a 55 gal tank with various types of Africans. I have about 18 fish total. My tank is about to capacity. I recently found 8 fry in the tank (Lemons). This is putting me to a point where I have more fish than is good for the tank. Have any of you tried taking fish to a store and giving them away? I just wondered if that is an option for getting rid of some.

Thanks,

give it time, I'd be willing to bet $ the fry get eaten up in the wonderful display of...
CICHLID BUFFET! :lol:

I have a 55 gal tank with various types of Africans. I have about 18 fish total. My tank is about to capacity. I recently found 8 fry in the tank (Lemons). This is putting me to a point where I have more fish than is good for the tank. Have any of you tried taking fish to a store and giving them away? I just wondered if that is an option for getting rid of some.

Thanks,
If they do happen to make it, some fish stores will give credit and possibly pay you for them. Most likely chain stores won't b/c they have contracts and are limited to buying fish from other "suppliers". The chain stores around here will take them from me, but can't give me credit or pay me for them for that reason. It's something you'll just have to call around to check when/if it comes time. Good Luck! :D

Most reactions

Back