Our New Boat :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Genesis

If you're a cory and you know it clap your.. hands
Reaction score
It's moored at Osley Marina in Oxford :)
Only about half an hour's drive from our house.

Here she is!

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

With the roof *half* down:
IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

And a picture of me driving it:
IMG_3606.jpg

Enjoy! :)

wow very nice that looks a little like my boat

a princess 32

whats that one? a Viking..?

nice pics :good:

Nice boat Genesis, relaxing weekends up the thames with a beer or wine,looking at the scenery and large houses, can't beat it. We use to have a shetland but have just changed it for a dory as it is easier to get in and out the water and we like to take it the sea at dorset alot, we went to selsey fishing on it sunday and caught loads of mackerel and a couple of large skates for the barbie (if we get the weather) if not it'll be dog and fish food lol
regards Angel

Very nice, its one of my dreams to have a boat one day.

Nice boat Genesis, relaxing weekends up the thames with a beer or wine,looking at the scenery and large houses, can't beat it.

Until the river police spot you drinking and pull you over for drunk and in charge of a vessel, happened to me about 10 years ago when some friends and i hired a cabin cruiser for a long weekend. They never charged me but gave us a verbal caution and made us moor the boat at the side for 12 hours so we lost a whole days travel and only made it as far as Windsor (from Kingston upon Thames) before we had to turn back again.

Looks nice, though I can't see how I'd be able to climb back into the boat ;)

Until the river police spot you drinking and pull you over for drunk and in charge of a vessel, happened to me about 10 years ago when some friends and i hired a cabin cruiser for a long weekend. They never charged me but gave us a verbal caution and made us moor the boat at the side for 12 hours so we lost a whole days travel and only made it as far as Windsor (from Kingston upon Thames) before we had to turn back again.

You should do what my mates did, take a teetotaller :) I never did drive the boat, but if we'd got pulled up......

Arfie

Thankyou all for your wonderful comments :D

whats that one? a Viking..?

Yes actually :) It's a Viking 26, so it's the wide beam one.
It sleeps about 7 people!

Nice boat Genesis, relaxing weekends up the thames with a beer or wine,looking at the scenery and large houses, can't beat it.

Yeah, it's lovely, especially with a nice cold bottle of white wine :)
(I know I'm 'too young' to be drinking, shh! :lol:)

LOL :rofl: , My hubby likes to get old boats and do them up, i've spent many a time stranded, once hubby droped me and friend on a desserted cove at swanage and went for a spin and broke down, he did send some nice hunks in speedboat to rescue us though, and we also got rescued on thames at london by river police and towed, i've spent more times broken down than i've had to enjoy it so i made him get newer one this time. One thing i will say is boat people as i call them are the most friendlyist people you could ever meet, you tend to know their life story within minutes of meeting them, think thats because all that time relaxing on rivers really chills you out.
hubbys catch at selsey(this is another reason you can't beat a boat)
fishing.jpg

Angel

nice couple of thornback rays there, shame to have killed them though :(

I'M not bothered when they bring mackerel back, but that did bother me as they look beautiful in the picture, i wonder if there are many sea fishermen who are aquarists as well, must be difficult to kill them if you keep them, i'm the same when they go shooting, i give it the big one about about the the bunnys/pigeons etc and how they've probably got babys to feed. i can't cook or eat any of them either even though i eat meat, i can't do it if i've seen them in flesh with fur/feathers, funily enough i don't eat fish either.

Gona be a nice weekend this weekend to go on your boat Genesis
regards Angel

I'M not bothered when they bring mackerel back, but that did bother me as they look beautiful in the picture, i wonder if there are many sea fishermen who are aquarists as well, must be difficult to kill them if you keep them, i'm the same when they go shooting, i give it the big one about about the the bunnys/pigeons etc and how they've probably got babys to feed. i can't cook or eat any of them either even though i eat meat, i can't do it if i've seen them in flesh with fur/feathers, funily enough i don't eat fish either.

Gona be a nice weekend this weekend to go on your boat Genesis
regards Angel

I know a few hobbyists including myself who also go sea fishing, though shore fishing (beach casting) rather than boat fishing. I'm pretty much the same as yourself, I'll take a few mackerel for the table but unless they are badly hooked or damaged in any way i return anything else i catch immediately after unhooking, the phrase "plenty more fish in the sea" just doesn't ring true anymore :(

Tasty though!
Genesis, how far do you think you could get in the boat with a full tank of fuel then? Trips to France might be nice!

It took us three tanks of fuel to go 30 miles :lol:
I'm afraid this boat can only go on rivers and canals, it's not suited for the sea :no:

Yeah I agree with CFC, shame about killing those beautiful rays :rip:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back