Oscar's not eating

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jimnyc

Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I moved my 2 Oscars from a 45 gallon tank to a 75 gallon tank. I equipped the new tank with an Eheim filter which is running smoothly. I moved over all their "decor" and used half the water from the old tank (as recommended by my local petstore). The Oscar's are about 1yr old and about 9 inches in length. I fed them Hikari gold daily and never had a problem before. They haven't ate any att all since I moved them. I threw in 10 feeders the other day and they gobbled them up overnight, but won't touch anything that floats on top. Other than the obvious (new tank, different water, possible shock ...) the only other thing different is the water flow. The Hikari does float "faster" as this filter is much more powerful than the Fluval 204 I had in the other tank. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thats a strange one, Oscars not eatting ;)

Could well be stress, but that should have subsided by now.
There not good fish for feeding from the bottom so you'll need to keep the food at a good hight.
Oscars love getting feed from hand so try that. Live foods should get there apatite back.

If you think it's the filter, switch it off for a short while, whilst you try to feed them.

Most reactions

Back