Oscar Tank Mates?

My Oscars will live happily with any other fish, as long as the tank is big enogh. My 3 oscars are living with:
1-(3) Oscar cichlids
2-(2)jaguar cichlids (they were three but there had been a massive fight between 1 JD and 1 Oscar, the oscar won and had it killed the the JD)
3-(1)walking catfish (new in tank)
4-(1)Zebra pleco (also new in tank but all of the other fishes are ignoring him/her)
These fishes are in a 310 gallon tank in the living room for guests to see.

i have a 6ftx2ft tank containing 2 large oscars, common plec (35cm) 1 young frontosa, pictus cats, 2x breeding couples of redclaw crayfish,1 apple snail and one tiny silver coloured fish of about 6cm long. he was part of a group of fish i used to keep the filter bacteria alive while figuring out the set up, and has so far escaped being eaten! (he's been in there a long time now!)

ive also had my oscars live with hoplo cats (was ok) angel fish (not a good idea, angels came off badly...and they were big angels!!) featherfin catfish (not good catfish attacked oscars) smaller plecs (not good oscars ate/tried to eat them)

Good tank mates for oscars are other new world Cichlids, plecos, bichirs, and sometime black knife fish. It depends on how aggressive the oscar is, it differs from specimen to specimen. I have an oscar, jack dempsey, sengal bichir, and green terror together, they get along fine.

i hav an oscar living with a green spoted puffer a lace cat and a dempsy they all get along grate so far ther is a small sun fish that i got from a bait shop living withh them and he does not get botherd either right now thier in a 20g long tank till i get my 110 set up again.

I keep one of my oscars with a selection of (almost complete collection) Polypterus, small selection of Gar, a large Sailfin Pleco and a large Cat.
This Oscar is a wild caught one, and is now clocking in a mighty 44cm. Here he is:

post-44148-1248352910.jpg

post-44148-1248352386.jpg

dsc07720.jpg

90928047.jpg

My other oscar is not wild, is around 10" and is in a tank with a selection of Datanoids, Selection of high quality breed Polypterus, and an Albino Sailfin Pleco. Here he is:

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

I am drooling all over the keyboard. Those are quite possibly one of the most stunning tanks I have seen in a while. That oscar is just amazing.

EDIT: jonny dw, I just noticed your pristo is rip. When did that happen?

Most reactions

Back