Orange laser corys

Fiori

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I saw some absolutely gorgeous corys in a lfs yesterday - I've never seen them before. They were described as orange lasers, but I stupidly did'nt make a note of the latin name. Sort of olive green with a bright stripe dopwn their sides.

Anyone know anything about them? I would love to get some, but they are £10 EACH!! :crazy:

Just came to make a post on these guys. I saw them on aquabid, was wondering if they were natural? Scientific name on the green ones is Corydoras Aeneus... so I guess so? I'd get them! :hyper:

Lazer Orange
orange_laser-1.jpg

Lazer Green
corydoras_aeneus_green.jpg

Lazer Red
fwcatfish1116387350.jpg

im not too sure on the greens but they arn't dyed and i recomend you really should get them as they are pretty rare. Inchworm(the cory expert on this site) has them aswell :)
EDIT: forgot to add, they are a form of C.Aeneus :)
DD

Orange lazer corydoras are still pretty much in the dark really. Some say they're dyed, others say its a natural coloration. I believe it's the last one, seeing as I've seen people claim that their orange laser cories had fry and that they too had the same colours.

I dont think there's a proper latin name for them, but not sure ofcourse.

Either ways, they are quite a rare find :) The price for that reason is ok I guess. Personally though, I'd not wanna spend my money on it. Though it could be fun trying to breed them and see the outcome ...

This was another very random post on my behalf ;)

The laser corys are color variations of the C. aeneus, which is the ordinary bronze and albino corys. They are magnificent fish! I have the orange lasers and the Peru gold corys and would love to have the green lasers as well.

It's hard to tell colors of fish from pictures because the light sometimes effects the way they look, but the first picture of the "Lazer Orange" that Auratus posted looks like mine. Mine do have more yellow showing in the fins and this one looks pale, but I think it's just the way the picture looks. The orange stripe will look even better in real life. It will look like a neon tube inside of the fish. Very Bright! :thumbs:

The other two pictures look almost too colorful to be real, but that could just be the way the photos came out. The stripe is actually that vivid though. :nod:

They are expensive and usually hard to find at lfs. If you have an opportunity to get any of them, I'm sure you will be happy with these bright and unusual little fish. :D

They are just so lovely - dang! Another blow to the wallet! :p I have phoned the shop and asked them to keep 6 aside for me.

Thanks for everyone's comments and info.

I love the green ones. They look very artificial though, but TBH the colours too good for dying. It would take a lot of work to do one, and considering how many die it wouldn't be worth the effort.

If you don't mind looking at my terrible photography skills, here are some pictures of ones in my tanks.

This one is the C. aeneus Peru Goldlines cory. He is young and behind him is a mature wild caught bronze female. It is every bit as yellow as it looks in the picture.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y129/MsInchw...bronzecorys.jpg

These are two of the C. aeneus Orange Laser corys. You can see that the one on the top shows some yellow color, but not as much as the Goldlines cory. The one on the bottom is much more pale in the photo than it is in real life, but this picture does show the neon-like stripe very well.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y129/MsInchw...elasercorys.jpg

_____
Good luck with your new corys, Fiori. :thumbs: I'm sure you will enjoy looking at these beauties. :D

Your corys are beautiful Inchworm. The gold peru is stunning. I am really looking forward to my new orange lasers - now I've decided to pay out! :lol:

Orange laser cories... glowlight tetras... danio choprae... all three levels of the tank occupied... PERFECT TANK!!! :p :flex:

It would be like a rave inside the tank :music: Hyper orange neon colored fish darting around all over the place!!!

I was just checking out the corys on AquaBid and noticed that there are Orange Lasers for sale again.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...fish&1118201243

Thomashawk, the seller, is the same gentleman I bought mine from, and the "Buy now" price of $50 for the group is a real bargain. He was patient with all my questions, and since the weather at the time was so cold, he even held them until it warmed up a bit before shipping them.

If anyone in the US is interested in getting some of these unusual and beautiful corys, here's your chance! :D

..... i saw em for $5ea in canada a few months ago..i didnt know what they are that rare -DOH-

are they easy to breed the like normal ones? -_-

Hi kevin007 :)

Too bad you didn't get them when you could. :/ I think some lfs don't know the value of them when they get them. I've heard of that happening and also that some think they are dyed.

Let me assure that they are real and well worth the price if you can find them.

As far as spawning, I haven't tried yet. I am looking for a new apartment to move to and am hoping none of my special corys spawn until then. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back