Opaline gourami attacked badly

k2snowboards88

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 3 three spot gouramis in my 55 gallon tank. The problem is that i'm pretty sure theres 2 males and one female. The opaline male is about a half an inch shorter than the male blue gourami. So anyway the opaline one got bit pretty badly. He barely has a tail fin anymore. He can barely swim and all the fish in the tank that used to leave him alone were messing with him mercilessly. I was afraid he'd be killed so i put him in my extra 5 gallon tank.

Now that he's in my 5 gallon tank, i want to heal him as quickly as possible. I heard aquarium salt helps fish heal. Can i use it with three spot gouramis?

I'm still not sure what to do with teh gourami once he's healed either. Does anyone else have any ideas of what to do, or how to get them to get along?

Salt or melafix, he will probably be stressed out, so let him settle down, you might have to think of rehoming one of them, so it dosn't happen again.

That happened to my paradise gourami only a male betta attacked it ( The LPS said the two fish would get along :angry: ) Before I could get another tank to get him out, he died. :-(

I had a female betta attacked by a black skirt tetra. There were literally bug bites taken out of her. It was awful. She didn't make. And those tetras were given back to the store. :angry:

He died after several hours in my 5 gallon tank. Its too bad, i really liked that little guy. I want to get another opaline gourami though. I'm going to get a bigger one around the same size as the blue gourami.
Do you think i should get a male or a female?

k2snowboards88 said:
He died after several hours in my 5 gallon tank. Its too bad, i really liked that little guy. I want to get another opaline gourami though. I'm going to get a bigger one around the same size as the blue gourami.
Do you think i should get a male or a female?
Hmm... my opaline is a male I think, although it could be a female as I am not 100% sure. :lol: My opaline is VERY shy and even lets my dalmation molly bully it. :dunno: I guess some fish are just different.

Sorry for your loss.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back