Online Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

xweeqtx

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Was wondering if there was anywhere trustworthy to buy fish online that will be delivered? I know eBay does it but I'm a bit doubtful about the quality of fish since you don't get to see the fish/tanks in person plus the person is anonymous basically.

i'm sure I've seen company's that do this, just can't remember where I saw it.
I do have a good aquariast nearby with nice stock but I'm looking for some different stuff rather than the same kinds of fish that I always see - even different colours!!

i would never get any fish online as the amount of stress trhat they go through can be damaging to your fishes health.
If you were going to get a fish online get it from somewhere close to u like on ebay u can check were the sellers from so if you get a crappy deal then u can go over there and complain.

Tom

I think its more of hit and miss sort of thing. Some people have ordered them from the internet and have done fine - others not so fine. Whatever you decide - make sure you check out their return policy.

i would never get any fish online as the amount of stress trhat they go through can be damaging to your fishes health.
If you were going to get a fish online get it from somewhere close to u like on ebay u can check were the sellers from so if you get a crappy deal then u can go over there and complain.

Tom

The majority of fish in your LFS have been boxed up and shipped from halfway across the world. If you get a supplier that is reasonably close they should be ok.

Having said that though I don't think I will ever use an online store. I like to be able to see the fish that I'm buying up close.

If they have a policy which allows refunds for dead upon arrival incidents then I tend to go towards them.

I wouldn't mind if they had the refunds policy, it wouldn't be so bad then if something did go wrong. Anyone have any links? Or is it eBay?

I think your find one of the forums sponors is http://www.tropicalfish4u.co.uk thay offer a 5 day money or exchange policy but i think i have read there a £25 min order the info on there site is handy too

I've heard Trimar being recommended here (despite its awful website), but have never ordered online myself.

I've heard Trimar being recommended here (despite its awful website), but have never ordered online myself.

i know you would think they would have a decent website? A good site usually encourages buyers after all!

Almost 99 percent of fish today are bought online actually. Most of the fish in the stores are purchased from wholesalers who ship it to them.

And I bought from discus madness with no problems. It was shipped well and the fish were vibrant and happy upon arrival.

I've bought from TropicalFish4U with no problems and good communication. I would buy again from them if I hadn't found a very local LFS that can get me pretty much any fish I want (certainly anything readily available online and some rarer stuff too.) The only problem buying on line is that the postage costs are high, great if you want to buy a load of fish and plants in one go not great for 1 fish....

There are trustworthy breeders all around the country and around the world. Iv'e bought fish from around the US, and Thialand. Buying from outside of the country is more expensive than it's really worth; with transhipping and such. But in all my experiences shipping and receiveing fish, i have not had a single one die or become ill.

Yeah, the shipping is quite expensive. Considering if I were to pay £10 or £15 for shipping, I'd be better looking for more LFS and buying a rarer fish with the money!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back