Not sure what to put in my tank?

Supraman

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I get to receive my 80 gal tank on Tuesday and I am trying to figure out what to stock it with. One idea I had was trying out a planted tank with lots of small schooling fish and maybe some shrimp. The other idea was to do a cichlid tank, I'd like something a little bit smaller then a Oscar and if possible not as aggressive as I'd like to be able to stock other smaller cichlids .

I'm open to ideas as to what you think I could stock so shoot up the suggestions!

Honestly I'm ok doing either all I'm looking for is some fish recomendations that fit what I stated. Large cichlids close to the size of an Oscar but less aggressive, or good schooling small fish.

Have you considered Rainbowfish? I'm sure we've spoken about them before and a nice shoal of them will look great in your tank. If you're set on the shrimp you could get the dwarf variety although the larger ones are lovely.

And before anyone jumps in, you'd better confirm your water parameters to make sure what you get is happy although these days a most fish are a lot more hardy and can cope with a wider range of conditions.

Rainbowfish and small/ medium South American cichlids

The following link has a heap of different rainbowfishes on, just click the name on the right of the screen. There are plenty of rainbowfishes in America and Gary Lange is there and there are also rainbowfish societies in the USA so you should be able to get fish or eggs sent to you.
http://rainbowfish.angfaqld.org.au/Melano.htm

Have a group of rainbows and maybe some small geophagus cichlids, firemouth cichlids, severums or festivums.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back