Not Sure What This Is

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

-SPB-

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've got what i think is algae in my tank, i've originally posted this in the tropical chat section of the forum. as i thought it may be a common problem. I've sort of self diagonsed this as hair algae, but in my original topic people have said otherwise (green algae and ophora algae (similar to the type that marimo/moss balls made up of)) and advised me to post in here. Basically i want rid of it as it looks unsightly. Pic below. (IF MORE PICS NEEDED PLEASE ASK)

101_0129.JPG

This is my original post: ORIGINAL POST This is the worst of it, everywhere else its in scattered clumps. Hope this is enough info.

I bought some interpet anti hair algae, thinking this was what it was, but now i'm unsure. I don't want to put the med in and does nothing but stress my fish.

(EDIT - ON MY BOG WOOD IT'S ONLY ON THE BACK OF THE WOOD. SO WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE FRONT OF THE TANK ITS NOT THERE, BUT ON A BELL FEATURE I HAVE, PLASTIC, ITS ALL OVER IT. ALSO THE TANKS NOT POSITIONED IN ANY SUNLIGHT)

Any advice would really help.

Thanks

sambangert

I've just been given thjis advice: Hydrogen peroxide.

Would this work :huh: :huh:

I'm now lost!!!

Take the wood out, soak it in some boiling water for an hour or so, then scrub it.

This won't stop it coming back though, algae appears for a reason (not necessarily a bad one!) and you'll only stop it coming back by finding this 'reason'.

Most reactions

Back