Nitrate Test Kits

rowdyates

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got a Hagen Nitrate test kit, the test colours are purple when detected, but the thing is mega hard to work out which shade it applies to, so I can't really work out the concentration. What kits do people use and how easy are they to read, I would like to try one which is easier.

Cheers,

Keith

I find most (if not all I've come across) nitrate tests very hard to read. Even API where anything over 20 looks exactly the same to me :/

bloozoo2 said:
I find most (if not all I've come across) nitrate tests very hard to read. Even API where anything over 20 looks exactly the same to me :/
[snapback]906493[/snapback]​
I agree, tho my first ever API nitrate test was dead easy to read ... it was very very red ... several daily water changes later and it was nicely back into the "orangey/red but more orange than red" safer looking readings :flex:
Cheers
JDS

bloozoo2 said:
[snapback]906493[/snapback]​
I agree. I can't really tell the difference in the levels over 20 ppm. To me, if my nitrates ever got to that point where I thought they may be too high, I would do a water change.

Thanks for this, saved me some money if they are all hardish to read, good point rdd1952 about if they are over 20ppm, I'll see how I get on.

Cheers,

Keith

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back