Nice site.....new member

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

R

RetBioTchr

Hi All,

I'm a retired biology teacher and have been into tropical fish for 50 years. I've also been a koi ponder for nearly 30 years. I'm published in the KOIUSA Magazine ( three times ) and have enjoyed visiting and learning from your site. I am into insect collecting/rearing, woodcarving, camping, Muskie fishing, recreational/target shooting, violin/fiddle playing for 50+ years, gardening, chess, and spending lots of time with my beloved Collie. I'm happily married for 36 years with two daughters and look forward to being a member here. Interestingly, I just got done checking up on my 600 gallon basement pond for my 25 koi.....some of which are 7+ pounds. Yes, I'm a nut in that each fall, I bring my koi from the outside 6,000 gallon rubber-lined pond into the basement for the harsh winters. I get to enjoy carefully (temps of mid fifties require low protein food once in a while) hand feeding them as well as monitoring their health so that when I put them back outside, they are vigorous and not winter weakened. I'd better sign off for now and quit rambling. Oh.....Merry Christmas to all.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back