Newly Hatched Angel Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mischief1

Reaction score
Hi could anyone please help me. :hyper: Although I've kept tropical fish for many years and raised lots of live bearer babies, I now have 5 day old Angel fish in a small square net tank. This was all I had availailable when they hatched. I have another tank that I set up yesterday with a small sponge filter and some filter wool wrapped in nylon so the babies won't get sucked in. The temperature is 27 degrees and there is nothing else in the tank. I have put some filter wool in the new tank which has been in the main tank for about two weeks, for an hour to try and help cycle it but everything I've read so far doesn't say when I can put these babies in the tank. The net is no good at all as the brine shrimp is just going through to the main tank and they will starve. :good:

The best thing to do is siphon the water right from the main tank directly to the rearing tank and place the fry in there after it is full. This way the fry will not have to adjust to any difference in water parameters or temperature.

thank you very much fishaholic. Sounds sensible :thumbs:

ooops I think that should have been Thanks for the advise fishguy sounds sensible and thanks for the welcome Coleen :blush:

An update on the 5 day old babies from above. I had 27 of them. I lost 4 the first day after I moved them and 3 the next day. I now have 20 4 week old lovely little Angels. What a delight raising them. Some are huge and all are now clearly Angel fish. The mum and dad had another lot since in the community tank and to my knowledge all the little wrigglers were lunch. I now plan to move mum and dad to a tank on their own and let them have some little ones to raise as they are amazing parents. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back