Newbie To Aquascaping

isadorala

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a new tank and I would like to get a proper design going for it.
I only had a few options when I got a biorb as my first tank, so I had 2 lots of anubias on some wood and one with javaferns. 

The size of the new tank will be 26 x 43 cm. 

Because the tank needs to be viewed from 3 sides I am wondering what the best possible set up would be: U, triangle or Island?

The gravel is in natural shades of brown.

At the moment the plants I have:
  • 2 anubias on logs
  • 1 cutting of 3 anubia leaves together and has not been attached, and a single leaf which has started further propagation 
  • 1 javaferns on log
  • small javafern plantlets 
  • Hygrophila pinnatifda 
  • Ludwigia glandulosa
  • Limnophila sessiliflora
  • cryptocoryne crispulata (small lot, due to insufficient lighting only small lot next to window grew, new shoots forming now and have remedied the lighting problem)
  • 1 moss ball

Next to this I have:
  • A bridge aprox. 15 cm wide in natural stone colour, white/greyish.
  • 1 coconut shell as cave
  • 1 artificial hollow tree log which is very realistic.
  • Some small biorbstyle rocks
I was thinking about making it U-shaped with a path from gravel going towards back being spanned by bridge on focus point back.
Then use some biorb rocks to line it, 'canyon style'. Place java fernlets between them.
Surrounding these I would place the anubia's on logs, on their sides facing the front. Moss ball underneath them.
Focal point near front surround coconut cave with anubia plants loose and half immers in gravel on back. Behind cave plant ludwigia.
Hygrophila on both sides towards the back, place the limnophila in front of them only one side, the other gets the cryptocoryne.  
Java ferns on log behind bridge.

Would this set-up work, or have I left something out that should be included or changed around?

I'd say go for it.  You can always tinker later.  And if you can post pictures once its done, I am sure all kinds of people would be happy to give you some pointers if you feel like you need them.  Or you could draw a picture and post that if you want.  May make it a little easier to visualize.

Most reactions

Back