Newbie Needing Help And Advice Please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh dear...

I've now found these:

PR2000006431_card.jpg

:hyper:

(we're still trying to find out what she doesn't do :lol: )

work at the moment :hyper: :lol:

oh i missed music and dancing off that list, and cooking... i make phenomenal cakes if i do say so myself, bit of jewellery making on occasion, complete and utter bookworm ...... i get bored very easily, just like to learn things and do things and I'll have a bash at just about anything creative with the exception of drawing which I'm hopeless at despite both my grandmothers being artists :rolleyes:

:lol:

my latest shoe purchases were these ones, bought two pairs, these ones and the same in silver :D

47884165o_aix.jpg

I have a serious fetish for shiny high heeled shoes at the moment, i've now got shiny work shoes in blue, red, pink, purple, black, silver and gold! :lol:

I just have too many shoes full stop though, I'm always getting moaned at for it at home! :lol:

Wait a mo, while I find my sunglasses :lol:

And for you newbies who are getting confused, those are bottom-dwellers. The purple color adds to the full-spectrum nature of your stocking and unfortunately you're looking at at least 8" for each of the pair, probably more at maturity, and you'll note the unique digging device near the tail which has been known to be used in defense on occasion. Also the smoothness of the coat, with nearly invisible scales, has been known to attract fish of other species even. All in all an excellent addition to your community tank.

~~waterdrop~~

I have a serious fetish for shiny high heeled shoes at the moment, i've now got shiny work shoes in blue, red, pink, purple, black, silver and gold! :lol:

I just have too many shoes full stop though, I'm always getting moaned at for it at home! :lol:

Perhaps a new avatar pic for you then Miss Dubbya ;) (they just remind me of 'Dorethy's shoes tis all :)

Student.jpg

And for you newbies who are getting confused, those are bottom-dwellers. The purple color adds to the full-spectrum nature of your stocking and unfortunately you're looking at at least 8" for each of the pair, probably more at maturity, and you'll note the unique digging device near the tail which has been known to be used in defense on occasion. Also the smoothness of the coat, with nearly invisible scales, has been known to attract fish of other species even. All in all an excellent addition to your community tank.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

(My excuse for the zebra wellies by the way, is that they will nicely match my Danios. So far, no-one's believing that!!)

:hyper:

Oo!!

A test after today's 50% water change reads as follows:

pH - 7.5
Ammonia - 0.1
Nitrite - 0.25
Nitrate - 30-sh

So Nitrate and Nitrite are improving, but still not 'there' just yet.

(I'm gonna do another change tomorrow morning cuz I can't do one on Thursday.)

On another note, a recommended LFS has offered to take one of my Siamese Flying Foxes and a Sailfin Plec in exchange for two more Zebra Danios to add to my little flock of stripey loonies. So I'm taking them in tomorrow. The good thing is, they won't give me the Danios until my water is OK coz going from good quality water to my set up could kill 'em.

:good:

The snag is, there is a VERY good bakery right next to the fish shop. My waistline and stomach are now having a bit of an argument about whether or not I need to go in and investigate that...

:drool:

Ah, good to simplify for your Fish-In cycle (mollies are pretty but I usually try to avoid them for their complications of being livebearers and being brackish and all. my view would not be happily shared by many mollie lovers, lol!)

Good presentation of your stats there, I like the bold. However, it really leaves us searching back throught thread for the essentials. We could build a title when doing these:

Day X: Fish-In cycle Xlitres/Xgallons
Results X hours after adding ammonia to Xppm.

Where: "Day X" is just a count of days, day1 being the day you put fish in.
"Xlitres/Xgallons" would just be like 76L/20G for a 20 US gallon tank (US gallons usually more useful on the boards)
"Xppm" is how high you're adding ammonia, say, 3ppm or 4ppm or 5ppm.

Its useful for these to appear each and every time you post stats as the members are looking at dozens of different cases usually and it easily gets confused.

~~waterdrop~~

Uh ohhhhhhhh....

I'm supposed to be adding ammonia??

:blink:

OK, this I didn't know about... *small voice* HELP!!

No no no no no :)

Don't worry, it's just WD momentarily forgetting that you are doing a Fish-IN cycle. What he has posted is the usual format of results for a FISH-LESS cycle. There's not much difference the way the results are presented to be honest, but you don't need to say how much ammonia you've added, (as you REALLY REALLY don't want to be doing that, your fish are doing that for you!), just present the results :)

Phew!

That got me worried there!!

While I think about it...

I was chatting to my ex-fish keeping Dad a couple of days ago and asking him what he kept in his fish kit. He said he had bottles of Tetracycline and Methylene Blue. Are these still in use or (as Miss Wiggle puts it!) are they now classed as "snake oil"?

;)

i have some shoes just like that, except for with 4" stiletto heels (i'm so not a flat shoe kinda girl) but they're all red and sparkly just like that. Bought them for fancy dress, Ian laughs at me when I try to wear them out of the house :rolleyes: never mind!

Yes WD is just getting fishless and fish-in cycle mixed up.

to avoid confusion when you're reporting your stats if you can say something like

'fish-in cycle, x gallon tank, 5 danios' or whatever your real set up is.

it's just cos those of us who hang out in the newbies section usually have about 10-15 people who'se tanks were working on with them, we try to keep track but sometimes we get people mixed up and start handing out dodgy advice. So if you just give us a sentence that will remind us what your set up is and then we will attempt to keep our advice on track :lol:

tetracycline and meth blue are the active ingredients used in fishy meds, you won't often find a bottle of 'meth blue' nowadays but there's plenty of meds which will list it as the active ingredient. So yeah, good things to keep in the house in some format.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back