newbie here

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

fishlover2005

Reaction score

Hi, I'm a newbie, Saw this site.. I was just wondering around trying to get information on my fish.I'm new to the whole fish thing.. Just wanted to introduce myself. ;)

Hello and :hi: to TFF

Post your questions and at least one knowledgable member should be able to assist you with any problems you and your fish may have.

Arfie

Thank You Everyone for the Welcome.. I'm glad that i found this site.. This is my first time ever with a fish so i'm still pretty new with everything.. I bought him at Walmart and i asked some questions but they really wasen't much help.. so I'll ask them here .. I have a male betta and i just put him in a 1 gallon tank with a air pump and light.His water got dirty so quick after putting him in i think it was like a day or two after putting him in it. :eek:
(1) Is there anything i can put in the water or anything that won't hurt him to keep it somewhat clean?
(2)Can i put other fish in with him? If so,What kind? :/
(3) How long should i keep the light on? I don't want his water to get too warm or anything for him? :huh:
I think that's all of them right now. I want to say there's more just can't think of them right now..
If somebody or something could get back to me on the answers or be some kind of help i would appreciate it greatly..
I'll talk with ya'll later
:)

Go to the Betta forum and they can give you help with all this. I can recomend that you do partial water changes using a siphon vac to get out the crud and use some water treatment to keep down the minerals and metals and to dechlorinate. The lights should be on for 10-12 hours ecspecially if you have live plants, less is bad for the plants and more then that and you get algea problems. I use a timer so the fish get a regular schedule. Good Luck.

Most reactions

Back